Newbie with Golf Plus wiper issue! - MkV (Mk5) Golf, Golf Plus & Jetta - uk-mkivs

Photo

Newbie with Golf Plus wiper issue!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 glasgowgolfplus

glasgowgolfplus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf V Plus S 1.9 TDI 90PS

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:34 PM

Hi all, new to the forum. I was looking for some help as it seems mechanics and an auto electrician can’t diagnose my issue.

I have a golf plus mk5 1.9tdi 2006.

I had to replace my windscreen recently and I’m doing so the repair man pointed out that the passenger side wiper had been fixed on incorrectly and bolted secure. He said fixing windscreen might effect if but put it back on the way it was. Right enough, in a few days the wiper would move slightly and I could see it was spinning on the bolt.

I contacted garage who said I’d need a new wiper motor and arm which I got cheaply off eBay. When I went back to the garage he told me he had good news and bad news. Good news was passenger side was fixed but driver side now wasn’t working. I wasn’t best pleased as he told me I’d need a motor for driver side.

I went to local scrap and he actually had an operational one. Friendly guy fitted it for me but it wouldn’t work. He told me he had tried it that morning and it was operational. I believe him to be honest more than other mechanics.

Finally found an auto electrician and after a day he told me that that both motors on drivers side must be faulty and he cannot fix. I’ve accepted this but find it a little hard to believe. I trust he has checked the wiring as well though.

Has anyone any experience of this issue? I read somewhere someone using a kidney analogy saying you may get a replacement but it’s not guaranteed they’ll work together.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.