Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 889 posts
  • London
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:19 PM

Things I need a programmer for

1) To program transponder on a 2nd key (chip fell out, I stupidly though it was just a piece of plastic debris)

2) to pair remote central locks, it has been unpaired and won't pair using the 2 key method possible because I have re-paired too many times (and the ECU thinks there are 4 keys registered with the car).

I wont have my golf for too long. Outgrowing it, will probably use it couple more years and then sell the car (looking at mazda 5 estate as my next car).

So resellability is a big plus, so I prefer OBDeleven over VCDS which has maximum 1 transfer limit.

Can I do most typical programmer functions with OBDeleven and can you resell the device to others after you're done?

#2 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:40 AM

if your not going to keep the car for long why not find someone in your area to help you out? it is way cheaper than buying the lot that you are going to use just for that.. and than it'll be laying somewhere on a shelf. 

#3 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

If you don't have the skc (skc? ) then you'll need a kkl cable and vagcom (or vag eeprom)...
I think I've got the programs right...... someone will correct me if not.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11058 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:06 AM

Yes, VCDS alone won't code keys.  You need to pull the SKC as described above.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#5 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11058 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:08 AM

if your not going to keep the car for long why not find someone in your area to help you out? it is way cheaper than buying the lot that you are going to use just for that.. and than it'll be laying somewhere on a shelf. 

Also this, if you're moving away from VAG there's no point spending >£300 on a cable for one function, get someone to help you out.  You also have to learn how to use the software.

• northpole likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.