adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11058 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:57 AM

These are 12v sensors.  The 1.8t has no 5v ref.  Tooth out is correlation error, not signal too high.  Clear codes, unplug and start.  Returning code should be signal too low.

facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#32 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:59 AM

These are 12v sensors. The 1.8t has no 5v ref. Tooth out is correlation error, not signal too high. Clear codes, unplug and start. Returning code should be signal too low.

I did that (clear codes unplug and restart) it returned the same *too high* code.
  • northpole likes this

#33 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

These are 12v sensors. The 1.8t has no 5v ref. Tooth out is correlation error, not signal too high. Clear codes, unplug and start. Returning code should be signal too low.

Tell them over at vrs owners and a few other skoda sites... did check and only one was a diesel but same 5v values where quoted... but in case you are right and it's 12v it will be: 12v, 12v and no resistance on the ground.

One drew a quick picture of how the cam-sensor is connected one from battery one to ecu one to ground... so you might be right he did mention though that the battery one is a switched one. But both should have the same voltage and one being ground that shouldn't have any resistance.
  • Evil likes this

#34 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

Just got in it (after eml came up last night for Kirsty).. no cam sensor code just the 2 O2 sensor ones.

I give up.......

#35 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11058 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:22 AM

Pin 1 is power.  Also supplies G31 (air pressure sensor).  Wire is purple/green.  Comes from ECU T121/98.

Pin 2 is signal.  Goes to ECU T121/86.

Pin 3 is ground. Shares ground with G31, G62 (coolant sensor), intake temp sensor, knock sensors etc.  Check for coolant ingress on the loom.

• Evil likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#36 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:50 AM

If now it's just the O2sensors than it must be the timing that causes it... probably it was able to adjust it within spec this time around... if it pops up again it might be just out of spec ... I would deffo check the timing.
  • Evil likes this

#37 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:09 PM

Can vcds check timing?

If not, how do I do it?

If it does need adjusting it's the same process as replacing the cambelt, no?

#38 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10280 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:20 PM

Yes... but instead of taking the lot off you set the engine at dtc and just check if all the markings line up. If they don't than it'll need adjusting

#39 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:46 PM

Yes... but instead of taking the lot off you set the engine at dtc and just check if all the markings line up. If they don't than it'll need adjusting

Garage is doing a couple of bits on it soonish, I'll get them to check the timing (since tdc is set using the crank pulley by the look of it)..

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.