Anybody Use 'Autodoc' for their car parts? - The lounge - uk-mkivs

Photo

Anybody Use 'Autodoc' for their car parts?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bugsy_malone 666

bugsy_malone 666

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v AUE 204PS

Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

So basically I am looking for some bits for my golf and recently I had a good experience with 'Onlinecarparts.co.uk', when the box arrived it was in an 'Autodoc' box though. I figured some of these online parts supplies have several websites all for the same parts.

Autodoc have an app, so installed that and started to browse for bits for my golf, seemed reasonably cheap (like on par/cheaper than ebay) and the parts I had already ordered turned up from Germany in a week (for my T4, manifold gaskets you just cant get in the UK from most places, especially not vw) and were super cheap (6 quid not 20!)compared to ebay.

So I wondered if anyone regularly uses them or knows any bad experiences as why not to use them?

#2 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10318 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:03 PM

Funnily enough my neighbour ordered parts from them they arrived without damage and were the exact parts he ordered.... but... the lot went around the world in 80 days... literally... from Germany to China from tlchina to the US to Italy France and finally arrived 80 days later in the UK.

Good thing it wasn't a hurry job just something he wanted to have done before it got any worse. (Shocks and springs)

I honestly think the mistake with his parcel going around the world had everything to do with that ship getting stuck... but he got the right parts and decent enough(almost oem) quality.

#3 Evil

Evil

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1576 posts
  • Mid-Suffolk
  • Golf IV GTTDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:42 PM

We've used them and the only downside was a 3 week wait.

I have heard of couple of people receiving the part they ordered but not by the manufacturer they were expecting.. i.e. ordered a quality part and received a budget part...

#4 adam-

adam-

VR6 GT35 4mo

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11065 posts
  • Glasgow
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

Bought from them this morning.  Delivery is quite long but worth it for the cheapness.

• Evil likes this
facebook.com/adamforbes92, ig:@adam_g4fku, Adam's Anthracite Grey 1.8t Build Thread...

Best way to lose weight is not drinking mayonnaise/cheese/beer everyday.

#5 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10318 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:19 AM

Bought from them this morning. Delivery is quite long but worth it for the cheapness.

As long as you don't need the lot in a hurry than using them is just fine. If I need stuff in a hurry I just check eBay for a good branded part and look for the lowest price with free 24 hour delivery.

But if I don't and can't find it cheap enough I do look at their stuff... haven't ordered from them yet for myself.
Because 9 out of 10 times I find the parts cheaper on eBay either same brand or a more mainstream big brand.
  • Evil likes this

#6 LR5V

LR5V

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Golf V GTI 2.0 200PS DSG

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:31 AM

Yes - good prices, but the whole waiting time is nuts.

IIRC I have used them twice, both times the delivery was on time and everything correct.

Their order tracking is pretty good, I like to keep an eye on every day or 2 - they tend to just sit on the order for days, suddenly items picked and packed:

First time - this was 1 week into the 2 week delivery and then it sat for 4 days before finally starting to head to me.

Second time - they sat on the order for 1.5 weeks and then suddenly mad panic all picked, packed and delivered in the last 2.5 days.

I suspect they have some sort of "just in time" selling format like the jungle web site.

Prices fluctuate all over the place dependant on stock levels - I have seen Mk5 FAG rear bearings between £48 to £76

It would be nice if someone made a price tracker to see peak and troughs in prices.

I have read of people having big problems returning items.

The Northpole Phileas Fogg delivery example is mental!

#7 NateS2

NateS2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 20v 170PS

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:27 PM

Yeah used them loads! Monday evenings are generally cheapest for anyone ordering, and you can get a further discount with topcashback.

They used to take a week or two tops to deliver, but then I ordered one thing just before the new year and that took over a month for obvious reasons. Not ordered from them since then but 3 weeks does sound about right, although clearly it can go insane as that example shows.

I have also had a part exchanged before for their own brand, however they raised a new order with this part in and they were happy to change it to another brand with a quick live chat. I agree they should probably notify you but they sorted it straight away.

They do 100% have a delay from ordering to picking, if you live chat and you ask nicely they can "approve" your order there and then and start picking, although I actually prefer the wait as I always think of something I've forgotten.

The 365 days return is well worth it and I've used it to send 2 sets of brake discs and clutch back 6 months after ordering with no issue at all. Their warranties are also true and easy to claim for. You get exactly what you pay for them, nothing more and nothing less.

#8 DieselDub51

DieselDub51

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Surrey
  • Golf IV TDI 1.9 ATD 100PS

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:42 PM

I've used them a few times for parts that I've supplied to customers and I've found them to be reliable and good value. The delivery time to UK is normally around 2 weeks though, in my experience. I've found their communication and product range to be excellent, as long as you don't need the parts in a hurry I can't really fault them.

Rich

#9 northpole

northpole

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10318 posts
  • Suffolk

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:06 AM

yeah it was in the 2nd lockdown he ordered them as he noticed after i changed my suspension how much of a difference my car was with his... so he asked me why i changed mine i just said it rebounds when i push down on the corners, he walked to his pushed down on the corners and noticed the same rebound... than he asked if I'd be helping him if he was to buy new shocks and springs so i told him if you do it buy the lot, top mounts, bearings, springs bump-stops, drop links, bolts and nuts.. so he went home and started a search took him 2 weeks to find the stuff the cheapest at autodoc, ordered them and low and behold... it took forever but we were in a lockdown, than his stuff started to move all over the world, the ship fiasco only made it take longer but once he got his stuff,  i did the fronts the same day... stopped as i was getting tired, and did the rest 2 days after as the next day it was raining all day... job done he is happy, and the car handles like it's new and since he decided to get lowering springs from H&R  -30 all round the car sits a lot better on the road and it doesn't dip as much when you go fast around corners, yet it is almost as comfy as the high oem suspension.  

so yeah he got all the stuff from autodoc, it was all in one big box, it took forever before it was delivered but it was exactly what he ordered and everything was in there... so if you aren't in a hurry and since lockdown has now been lifted mostly i don't think the waiting periods will be as bad as what happened to his stuff. Still i'm on the fence as yes they are cheap but i hate waiting, plus as i stated i usually find the stuff for the same prices or cheaper on ebay with free postage and sometimes even next day delivery for free. 

#10 leemcalbanicoll

leemcalbanicoll

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

Used them once before delivery was around a week, i may be using them again soon their prices are good just the reviews are terrible so many bad reviews. They also have sister sites cant remember of top of head but there's at least 3 possibly more that lead to same auto-doc app. They spam you alot once subscribed to emails btw

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

#11 leemcalbanicoll

leemcalbanicoll

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:46 PM

Have you tried AVS spares i can highly recommend them for vw parts. If you have part numbers for what you need use the search on there site, if they not already in stock they can get them in alot quicker than autodoc

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.