[Mk4 Golf] Bora Parking Sensors not working. - Audio, Electrics and Lighting - uk-mkivs

Photo
Mk4 Golf

Bora Parking Sensors not working.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tuscan63

tuscan63

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi guys,

Just removed the tow bar on my car after having to get the rear bumper resprayed courtesy of a bus [:@]

I was always under the impression that my parking sensors were deactivated due to the tow bar but after some searched online I found out this may not be the case.  Also there is a beep when I put my car into reverse (that says to me that they are activated just maybe broken) I tested them today by having someone wave there hand behind the car, I managed to get them to beep once but then nothing after numerous other tries (however that may of been a delayed beep to warn me I am in reverse)

So do you guys have any ideas? I did give them a quick clean with a wet cloth to no avail.

#2 graeme86

graeme86

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

If they are the factory PDC sensors then you can change the softcoding of the module to say whether you have a towbar or not.

So check softcoding first:

Vagcom Channel -76-

Function 7

?xxxx -Towbar fitted

0= not fitted

1 = fitted

x?xxx - Gearbox

0 = Manual

1 = Automatic

xx?xx - Acknowledgement of Function (one beep when reverse s elected)

0 = deactivated

1 = activated

xxx?x - body shape

0 = Limousine

1 = Notchback

2 = Variant

xxxx? -Car type

3 = Golf/Bora

4 = Passat

You can also go to Adaptation Function -10- Channel -1- to alter the volume of the warning buzzer between 1 and 10 (lowest to highest)

If the buzzer beeps once in reverse then the system should be active.

On the Bora the sensors should be unpainted and in the lower black plastic rear valence if they are factory ones.

If they are painted over that can block the signal sometimes if the paint is too thick.

[:)]

black_100.jpg  :wub:  OEM+ modifications?  Check out my Webspace! http://www.users.on.net/~graeme86/

#3 tuscan63

tuscan63

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the reply Graeme, really useful info there that didn't know.

I can confirm they are on the lower rear valance and unpainted, I do not have a copy of VAG-COM or know of anyone close to me who has access to it.

So will either have to go a local garage that I trust (Don't rip me off) or try and ask someone on here if they will let me come round and they have a look.

I read somewhere though that if I put the car into reverse with the ignition on and go round the back of the car and listen to the sensors if they click or buzz they are broken?  If this B/S or does it have some truth to it?

#4 graeme86

graeme86

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Don't know about that, but vagcom will show up straight away any faulty sensors.

If you look in the measuring blocks it also actually shows you how far an object is away from each particular sensor. ( when they are sensing okay)

black_100.jpg  :wub:  OEM+ modifications?  Check out my Webspace! http://www.users.on.net/~graeme86/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mk4 Golf

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.