What does everyone think of this? - Page 4 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

What does everyone think of this?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 The Walrus

The Walrus

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2851 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

trading standards would be my first call then there mustt be some ombudsmen (sp) for car traders / retailers etc ? 

#92 VWGolf1.6SE

VWGolf1.6SE

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

Double post.

#93 VWGolf1.6SE

VWGolf1.6SE

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

trading standards would be my first call then there mustt be some ombudsmen (sp) for car traders / retailers etc ? 

Thanks, you're right.  I will be giving Trading Standards (Consumer Direct) a call and see what they advise.  I really don't want anyone to get screwed over by paying for something they aren't getting.

#94 Pricey

Pricey

Retired

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:51 AM

Well, he sent my deposit back by recorded delivery and he's still saying he didn't know about the mileage - he said he got an RAC check done.  I actually spoke to him again today and hes seeing people he bought the car from, who are getting some checks done apparently.  Not sure what to believe but at least I got my money back hehe.

Oh and I've all but sold my car now!  Turns out one of my friends has been after a silver golf for ages and didn't realise I was selling [:D

#95 Mister_E

Mister_E

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:11 PM

Nice one Phil, close call there!

Be patient, you'll find something. Be picky as there are plenty of cars out there

#96 jamesm86

jamesm86

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts
  • South Hampshire
  • Golf IV V6 4motion 2.8 24v BDE 204PS

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:46 PM

http://www.buckinghamuk.com/

well that one has been reduced to 5995 now.

don't forget you get a 3year parts and labour warranty with it, might be worth checking out

#97 The Walrus

The Walrus

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2851 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:54 AM

tut tut they really have not learned has anybody reported them ?

The fact they have re-advertised is shocking I appreciate from there point of view it is difficult as they now have a clocked car and having to admit it will mean they will never sell it for a profit.

#98 VWGolf1.6SE

VWGolf1.6SE

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

I tried to phone Consumer Direct yesterday but they were really busy and I had to give up holding.  Will try again later today and keep you guys posted as to what they say.

#99 Mister_E

Mister_E

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:57 AM

tut tut they really have not learned has anybody reported them ?

The fact they have re-advertised is shocking I appreciate from there point of view it is difficult as they now have a clocked car and having to admit it will mean they will never sell it for a profit.

Three words cover this....Risk And Reward.

The trader took a risk when purchasing the car from whatever source and was hoping for that to be reflected in his reward, the sale price! Doesn't always pay off though, way it goes unfortunately.

#100 RS GOLF

RS GOLF

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:14 PM

Pricey... any news on the new car?

#101 Pricey

Pricey

Retired

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:13 PM

Absolutely nothing about at the moment mate...  A couple of okish 5drs.  Oh, and I did find a nice black 3dr X reg with 48k on the clock, climate, leathers etc. but 7250 private...  ouch.  Looked at a few 4mos too and an A3 1.8t quattro sport but it was also a bit over my budget!

It's no prob tho as I'm sorting a few things out at the mo, got an interview up town this week too so fingers crossed!

Hopefully something will turn up soon but I'm still not in a massive rush [:)]

#102 Pricey

Pricey

Retired

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • MKI Models

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:12 AM

After a loong wait... I finally got one lol!

Clicky for pics! [:D]

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.