Megane Sport or Cupra R?- Decision made...car purchased!!! Pics Below on pg 3 - Page 2 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

Megane Sport or Cupra R?- Decision made...car purchased!!! Pics Below on pg 3

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

The leon is an old car now and quite dated imo. (bit like the mk4)

I would go for the megane 225, they may have their own specific issues but the leon is on the mk4 platform so are riddled with niggling problems also!

People always bleet on about re-maps, both cars in standard trim, the megane is quicker, handles a lot better and a nicer place to be. Also they are excellent value at the moment, plus you have the choice of 3 and 5 door.

If we are doing pictures....

Darth 1

You are completely right mate and I think the Megane looks more respectable (I am 31!) that black one is sweet! Every car has known issues... I am looki g forward to driving both to compare, if I can find any close enough to actually look at!

Cheers ;)

#32 pastieman

pastieman

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

man i would get this and have change

linky

#33 pastieman

pastieman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

or this

linky

linky

#34 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

or this

linky

linky

Legend! That black one looks lovely! Will try to view them tomorrow!!

#35 pastieman

pastieman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

for the money they look a great blast i like the first black one.... but the second one looks to have the cup package with the F1 alloys

#36 pastieman

pastieman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

they do 175 dci version this one has high miles but not bad for the price lol

linky

#37 pastieman

pastieman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

is this one to far from you ???

linky

you can tell that i'm bored lol

#38 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Haha I don't mind it's always good to have a second opinion!! The 2 with the F1 wheels are really nice...a bit far but could be worth it?! Btw are you commission from these guys lol

#39 pastieman

pastieman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

seen a couple of trophys just above £5k

the more i look the more i like them lol

also easy tune able too and already have good brakes and suspension setup if you get a cup...

a couple grand or so more you can get a megane sport F1 slight lighter, slight more power and with nice recaro interior

#40 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Have to be firm with the budget :/ I thinks it's got to have the cup chassis though or be really cheap :)

#41 craigcorish

craigcorish

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

working at a car auction ive had chance to drive both these car's.!! imo id say the megane 225 is quicker than the cupra but no way is it as reliable... the amount ov meganes we get in my work with electrical faults would put me off buying 1 over a cupra r... to be honest you could get a mk5 gti for 5k from the auctions... thats what id buy Yes

People take there cars to an auction for a reason in my opinion. A 5k gti mk5 from an auction yea cheap but I bet it's got problems

#42 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

working at a car auction ive had chance to drive both these car's.!! imo id say the megane 225 is quicker than the cupra but no way is it as reliable... the amount ov meganes we get in my work with electrical faults would put me off buying 1 over a cupra r... to be honest you could get a mk5 gti for 5k from the auctions... thats what id buy Yes

People take there cars to an auction for a reason in my opinion. A 5k gti mk5 from an auction yea cheap but I bet it's got problems

Completely agree with this I am sure people do get lucky and get hold of a decent motor at auction but personally it's too risky for me

#43 avit

avit

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

well good look changing ur headlight bulb if u buy megane oh and look forward to carpets being soaked from u using aircon!! LOL

#44 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

well good look changing your or you're headlight bulb if You buy megane oh and look forward to carpets being soaked from You using aircon!! LOL

Urm...ok but why? Have you owned one??

#45 Mcpickering

Mcpickering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2861 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

S3 bud [;)]

#46 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • On a very important international business meeting
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

S3 bud Wink

ssh you [:$] lol

unless you get a megane cup, an 07 onwards one, then get a cupra R. the normal megane 225 sports are rubbish. if you decide against the renault try a cupra R and see if you like them but there are plenty of other good cars which aren't cupras. [y]

30076295763_fc662d2913_o_d.jpg

wow. such race-car ^^ very click ^^  so diesel much mpg  

#47 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

S3 bud Wink

I can't go and copy you mate! I think I am gonna hunt for the right Megane :)

#48 Mcpickering

Mcpickering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2861 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

haha, fair enough (and sorry Jay haha)

bored of the golf then?

#49 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Yea had enough now 2 yrs and its done me proud but it's going up for sale to make way for a new ride

#50 jakewalsh

jakewalsh

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7359 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

the s3 is quite slow compared to the lcr though due to the audi's huge transmission loss,

having drove all three, and mapped both the audi and the lcr's personally i would stay vw group, the build quality is there, buy the lcr it has a better chassi than the other two, it doesnt rattle like the french car, granted it doesnt have xenon headlights, but a £300 remap will make it a flying machine,

you really need to drive one, like i say i would have bought the megane, but after driving one, joining the forum and seeing the list of very very expensive fixes they can need, i decided against it,

the revised cup shassi on the megane is meant to be good, but if you read all the reviews, they say ' on the track' the lcr spanked the s3 in every major road review also

#51 karlosR

karlosR

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:02 AM

lets put it this way, my old LCR is the only car i have ever regretted selling!

Posted Image

#52 jakewalsh

jakewalsh

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7359 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

me too, i had three, always kept going back to them, before i bought the scoob i wanted another bud didnt have the budget for one, :(

#53 georgeatos

georgeatos

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

most of the cars that come through my auction are from jct - benfield - arnold clarke - finance reposession's we only get very few from private sellers... where do you think car forecourts get there vehicles from ? they buy them cheap from the auction to sell them to the public at an increased price... also auctions arnt like they were years ago where you only see the car as it drives through... suggesting a cars got problems cause its for sale at an auction is abit of an harsh statement to make

#54 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

mazda 3 mps!!

#55 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

The mps is a bit pricey...I have been reading a lot of reviews about the Megane and yes the sport one is supposed to be terrible but apparently with the cup or trophy badge it's a whole different car...and the LCR has not had one bad review yet! The hunt goes on :)

#56 Zig

Zig

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Cupra r ... No contest!

#57 chrisr

chrisr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7320 posts
  • Middleton / Manchester
  • Golf V R32 3.2 250PS

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cbe7624f9

All you need

#58 Russler

Russler

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cbe7624f9

All you need

Been chatting to this guy already, he is from cupra net. Only problem is he is based in Sheffield!!!

#59 avit

avit

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

well good look changing your or you're headlight bulb if You buy megane oh and look forward to carpets being soaked from You using aircon!! LOL

Urm...ok but why? Have you owned one??

no best mates got one....

to change a headlight bulb u have to take front wheel off and squeeze ur arm thru a 3" gap. terrible

also electrics are dodgy random indicator failure

yeh the aircon drips (obviously) but i works its way thru and 'can' soak the carpets

#60 FarmerChris

FarmerChris

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

have you thought about a civic type r? not as fast but built well and look better than both imo

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.