Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

alright guys.. have owned my golf about a year and have been on here since march so thought it was about time i pulled my finger out and got some pictures up. my cars a 1.6se.. not the prefferd model but was all i could insure at the time..i bought the car bog standard on a v reg with one previous owner,full vw service history, 2 spare keys and 109k on the clock for 1100 quid which i thought was reasonable. i doont have any pics of how it looked when i bought it, cos lets be fair, a standard 1.6 isnt very photogenic. after about 4 months of owning the gearbox and clutch went.. so 800 quid later i was ack on the road again, no less than a week and a half later, the diff went and blew a hole in the gearbox.. luckily for me it was under warranty so work was done for free and they said something hadnt been done right which is why it had gone again. after that i set to work modifying.. i managed to pic up a set of 19" mk1 rs4 reps for 100 quid which wasnt bad and also went and got my rubstrips and door handles colour coded. it stayed like this for a while until i got bored and decided to make it look decent.. so i set about ordering coilovers, front anti roll bar, also ordered new alloys and changed the interior to full leather, bora vents, gti steering wheel and gti rear lights.. so now im reasonably happpy.

golft-1.jpg

#2 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

feel free to tell me what you think

#4 busterstella

busterstella

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

very nice indeed mate

#5 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

cheers mate

#6 Gibbs98

Gibbs98

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Looks well [Y] You should spray the grille black too. I've mine done and it makes a serious difference to the apperance of the car. I love the look of the front of the car ever since I did it.

#7 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

cheers matey, yeah my friends done that on his, but think sometimes you need a little it of black to break the silver up a little bit

#8 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

also forgot to mention ive got genuine anni front valance and also 20mm adaptors all around for the carrera 4s alloys 8j fronts 10j rears

#9 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Looks well Yes You should spray the grille black too. I've mine done and it makes a serious difference to the apperance of the car. I love the look of the front of the car ever since I did it.

sorry mate misread that, i was debating it, but i think itd look too black withthe adge also being black

#10 Gibbs98

Gibbs98

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yea you might be right about it being too black. I've left my badge silver and sprayed the rest gloss black so the badge breaks up the black across the middle of the grille. Have you thought about doing any other little bits black like the mirrors or the B pillars?? Black on silver always looks good [:)]

#11 ADH

ADH

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Looking good, give the black grille a go - all you need is a black grille from a salvage yard.

see the last post here: https://uk-mkivs.net/...px?PageIndex=14

Al

#12 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yea you might be right about it being too black. I've left my badge silver and sprayed the rest gloss black so the badge breaks up the black across the middle of the grille. Have you thought about doing any other little bits black like the mirrors or the B pillars?? Black on silver always looks good Smile

yeah my friend is breaking his bora which is where i got the bora vents from and hes also got black stubby lupo mirrors so they could also be coming my way.. pillars i havent really thought about..

#13 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Looking good, give the black grille a go - all you need is a black grille from a salvage yard.

see the last post here: https://uk-mkivs.net/...px?PageIndex=14

Al

yeah i may give it a go mate just to see how it looks

#14 Aranathos

Aranathos

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

Black grille helps define the front end better, I think.

#15 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

yeah i think if i was to do it id have to put a silver vw badge in though.  am also  wanting a black interior roof lining anyone know a good way of doing this?

#16 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Posted Image

has been lowered more since this pic

#17 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

ive had this sharan badge sitting in my room for about a month now.. i bought it, painted it up, but when i removed my old badge i had a yellow stain that spread the width of the old badge, eaning this one wouldnt cover it, so i havent fitted as im now instead considering getting my boot smoothed to lose the stain

#18 benboy

benboy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

like it mate.love the wheels

#19 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

cheers ben, yeah i was after a set of these for ages and one day a set popped up

#20 Mike1990

Mike1990

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

cars looking nice man love the subtle mods you've done! and those wheels are the nuts! you gunna colour code the rear valance?

#21 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

thanks mike, i intend to get an anni rear valance and smooth it into the rear bumper.. but im also thinking ahead as im ideally looking to sell it end of feb/beginning of march so not too sure. i had big plans with this such as painting the wheels cherry red, and cherry red lupo mirrors, but not sure wether to bother now..

#22 lukeyyyyyyy21

lukeyyyyyyy21

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

do like the front anni spoiler and black badge looks good

#23 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

cheers luke

#24 lukeyyyyyyy21

lukeyyyyyyy21

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

do you go to lakeside mate or southend?

#25 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

i go lakeside every so often, was there on saturday. was there with a grey s3 and silver vectra. do you go?

#26 lukeyyyyyyy21

lukeyyyyyyy21

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

yeah used to go thereatleast once a month but they try to shut it down now don't they? how many people was there on saturday?

#27 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

well the strip is patrolled by old bill now, they put speed bumps on the back strip by burger bus and they shut off half of tescos lol, but we still go up tescos.. yeah was fairly busy, everyone seems to go at like 11:30/12 thoughh..

#28 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

so i was driving home from meeting a girl, when i come to a set of speed bumps 30 seconds away from my house.. its those individual square shaped ones, and i know being low youre meant to do one wheel on the bump and one wheel off but for some reason i ustve thought i was driving the van and scraped so hard over the top of it that it almost brought my car to halt, also made what  thought was a pretty loud bang. i flew home and had a look under the car (approx 11.30pm) and saw no leaking fluids etc.. got up at 5 this morning for work and still nothing.. coming home earlier in the van over the speed bump i hit, and no lie whatever i hit it with (im assuming sump) has literally engraved a deep, quite thick whitey/grey line into the bump.. i think thats a win tbh lool.. providing nothing brakes in days to come because of this lol

#29 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

another quick picture
Posted Image

#30 Ryan-james

Ryan-james

The Audi Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Croydon
  • Other Models

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

so we have a slight rubbing issue :/

Posted Image

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.