#151 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

I'm not the 'droid you're looking for.

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts
  • Crawley,West Sussexcestershire
  • Bus Stop Backwards Roof Fire -190PS

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

why don't we all just go to inters, not far from Coventry and cov works out more or less the centre of England/Wales??

Because it's not an intimate meeting put on purely for the benefit of uk-mkivs members.

Chris.

#152 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • On a very important international business meeting
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

As said, a date would be decent..Im willing to travel anywhere tbh

Would be good to meet everyone Yes

Mat

Seconded and all of my mates would be "well up for it" lol

30076295763_fc662d2913_o_d.jpg

wow. such race-car ^^ very click ^^  so diesel much mpg  

#153 Royston-Bora

Royston-Bora

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

what if we search on google for the centre of united kingdom? surely thatll be the best bet for location?

#154 Timepillow

Timepillow

Kitty-wake!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4162 posts
  • Cheshire
  • Golf V GT Sport TDI 2.0 140PS

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I suppose it all depends where Tabs can get a venue sorted?

UK-MKIV-1_zps9ffdaeb7.jpg

^ ^ ^ My GT Build Thread ^ ^ ^ 

#155 B4DVW

B4DVW

SMUJ

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5139 posts
  • West London
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

[snack]

BUILDS & INTERESTS: .:R32 HOME-GROWN MEET WWW.SOSCENE.CO.UK   

INSTAGRAM:   @SMUJ @HOMEGROWNCARS @SOSCENEMAG @WATERSTOCKOXFORD

TWITTER: @SMUJ @HOMEGROWNVAGS @SOSCENEMAG

#156 Golfin

Golfin

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6280 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Id be up for going to this first one id go to in 5 years...

#157 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

what if we search on google for the centre of united kingdom? surely thatll be the best bet for location?

Officially it's Coventry,but that was worked out 500 years ago when the coastline was a different shape.Now it's that big car park half a mile down the road from me,hard to believe looking at a map but I can assure you it's true[:DD].

Chris.

#158 ChuffGTTDI

ChuffGTTDI

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8312 posts
  • MKII Models

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I suppose it all depends where Tabs can get a venue sorted?

Does it have to be Tabs?, Obiviously he should have the final say so and approval but given that hes busier than most running our little UK-MKivs world and that he has own personal life on top, i wonder if he would appreciate one or even a few of us doing some of the leg work, checking out venues , pricing etc and then giving all of our findings to him to have the final say.

Up you to tabs, just a thought. I think like many have said a date needs to be given the nod first so that those that need to book time off can pencil it in.Or even a few potential dates and then just the ones not needed in the end can be cencelled.

If you want anyone to help with the rest of it just a bit of research etc just give us the nod im sure many of us on this thread would be willing to chip in.

11254599615_a4f26f04b3_n.jpg

#159 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUM 150PS

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Officially it's Coventry,but that was worked out 500 years ago when the coastline was a different shape.

According to Wikipedia/ Ordnance Survey the centre of England (Not Great Britain) is Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire, near the MIRA test track [;)]
But anywhere near the Birmingham/Coventry/Leicester area would be the most central for everyone to get there.

As for dates, we want Summer time, June/July/August?
Looking on VWshows.com there isn't much going on June 23rd/24th, July 7th/8th, July 14th/15th, August 11th/12th, August 25th/26th.
Possible dates? 

36884717591_d1651c4e8c_o.jpg
FOR SALE: Awesome GTI rocker breather hoses. PM me.

#160 oodj

oodj

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Still think with the cost of fuel it'd be good to do one up North (Manchesterish) and another Birmingham/London way.

Bet you get more people to turn up cause its less travel time and less fuel. Same date, same time, same event, two locations.....DO IT!!!Yes

Oh give over, I drove to Yorkshire and back (from let's say Reading for ease of calculation) and used half a tank, 410 mile round trip. Cost me what £35 in fuel? £35 fuel plus a tenner contributiton to go towards a big old bbq and some foosball sounds good value to me?

And being honest birmingham is about as far away from London as it is from Manchester!! that's like saying "yeah let's go on a holiday, russia/china way...no where near LOL. Chuckle

Same time/date? That's not a meet that's a segration, the North/south divide. Next they will say southerners cannot sit on the bus with a northerner!  Hunter

well it was just an idea, maybe we can create a meet on the back of this idea next year where two meets happen on the same date.

Still a good idea to mail all members to let them know about the meet.

#161 jlhiggins

jlhiggins

Leon Cupra R Beast

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts
  • Leeds
  • Other Models

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Officially it's Coventry,but that was worked out 500 years ago when the coastline was a different shape.

According to Wikipedia/ Ordnance Survey the centre of England (Not Great Britain) is Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire, near the MIRA test track Wink
But anywhere near the Birmingham/Coventry/Leicester area would be the most central for everyone to get there.

Looking on VWshows.com there isn't much going on June 23rd/24th, July 7th/8th, July 14th/15th, August 11th/12th, August 25th/26th.
Possible dates? 

Been to MIRA before, Peugeot Sport Club annual show.

Great venue.

Think, however, it would be an absolute fortune to hire.

#162 Jonnyc13

Jonnyc13

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1716 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

According to Wikipedia/ Ordnance Survey the centre of England (Not Great Britain) is Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire, near the MIRA test track Wink

Possible dates? 

The first date you said (June 23 - 24) is GTI International!

#163 Royston-Bora

Royston-Bora

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

where ever itl be (if it happens fingers crossed) surly it wont be too far from most i mean say people come up from like down south and all meet up bristol way then bristol way meet another lot up then another along the motorway servicesis and vice versa for people up north it doesent seem as far when theres a few of you driving together. and usually a crew of a few just cruise along insted of pinning it everywere like most do by yourselfs (i know i do) nice chilled driving saving mpgs :D then a nice big meet up EVERYBODY HAPPY

#164 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Billing Aquadrome where it was always held before was as good as any for it's "centralness" (made up word) as it was only about 10 minutes off the M1 corridor,but because of their £15 day visitor charge it's unlikely we'll be going back there.Shame because it's a really nice venue with good facilities and lots of space.

Chris.

#165 Royston-Bora

Royston-Bora

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

and an 'illegal' meet up is out of the question police and local athoritys are just on it from the word go, anyone got to 'last south wales cruise' a couple of years ago? my god litrally 500+ cars taking up the motorway, ring roads and car parks near cardiff traffic police normal police everthing just everywere, nowadays police get called if theres more than 3 done up cars in a car park..... by the way imageworx forgot to thank you for helping me with my door module the other day link and info was brilliant mate ;)

#166 ABM

ABM

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4250 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Can i come in my BMW?

No.

LOL.......Of course you can.

Oi! 

#167 Pat

Pat

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7467 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

it's unlikely we'll be going back there.

You never know [;)]

#168 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

by the way imageworx forgot to thank you for helping me with my door module the other day link and info was brilliant mate ;)

You're more than welcome[:)].

it's unlikely we'll be going back there.

You never know Wink

[8-)]

#169 tolucophoto

tolucophoto

Northern Tom

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Possible dates? 

The first date you said (June 23 - 24) is GTI International!

Ooops! Well someone needs to tell VWShows.com!

36884717591_d1651c4e8c_o.jpg
FOR SALE: Awesome GTI rocker breather hoses. PM me.

#170 gareth1981

gareth1981

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3474 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

there's this one big ass site with loads of camping 30 for weekend think we could make it are own!!!

http://www.britishvolkswagenfestival.co.uk/

#171 craigolfmk4

craigolfmk4

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2151 posts
  • Chester
  • Bora SE TDI 1.9 ASZ 130PS

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Any further news? 

#172 ChuffGTTDI

ChuffGTTDI

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8312 posts
  • MKII Models

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

11254599615_a4f26f04b3_n.jpg

#173 stevw1

stevw1

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Mmmmm doesnt seem to be much in the way of a definitive answer in regards to this [8-)]

#174 davemk

davemk

• Moderators
  • 8756 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Tabs is looking into it - where, when etc

I think one of the difficulties is finding a weekend that doesn't have another show on.

July 28 / 29 has been mentioned as a possible date. Nothing confirmed yet though.

uk-audis-banner2.gifA3 Sport 2.0TDI 170 - Gone<p>
A3 Black Edition 2.0TFSI

#175 jlhiggins

jlhiggins

Leon Cupra R Beast

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts
  • Leeds
  • Other Models

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Tabs is looking into it - where, when etc

I think one of the difficulties is finding a weekend that doesn't have another show on.

July 28 / 29 has been mentioned as a possible date. Nothing confirmed yet though.

Do it! That's my birthday lol

#176 BoraDaz

BoraDaz

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Still think with the cost of fuel it'd be good to do one up North (Manchesterish) and another Birmingham/London way.

Bet you get more people to turn up cause its less travel time and less fuel. Same date, same time, same event, two locations.....DO IT!!!Yes

Oh give over, I drove to Yorkshire and back (from let's say Reading for ease of calculation) and used half a tank, 410 mile round trip. Cost me what £35 in fuel? £35 fuel plus a tenner contributiton to go towards a big old bbq and some foosball sounds good value to me?

And being honest birmingham is about as far away from London as it is from Manchester!! that's like saying "yeah let's go on a holiday, russia/china way...no where near LOL. Chuckle

Same time/date? That's not a meet that's a segration, the North/south divide. Next they will say southerners cannot sit on the bus with a northerner!  Hunter

Wish i had a diesel i used £30 just over on a 175 round mile trip to telford and back at UD. gutted lol

#177 Chippy V5

Chippy V5

Bolf since 2012

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Colchestertontownville
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Im in too but after april please so my cars is and running lol!

It's normally the first weekend in August.I'll be there definitely,would be a good to see more of the members supporting it this time after 2010s pathetic turnout.

BiIlling (Northampton) has always been as central as possible and easier to get to from all 73 corners of the country being just 10 minutes or so off the M1 corridor.

Chris.

Ild be up for this. I like Chris's idea of billing as I could dump the wife at her mums in Milton Keynes on the way up [I]

#178 T4ctical

T4ctical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Would love it if this was in Billing..... I live up the road! Sadly though... this is where my last PD130 got written off :s

#179 Imagewerx

Imagewerx

• Moderators
  • 50040 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

[whistle]

#180 xJay1337

xJay1337

King Dogger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13907 posts
  • On a very important international business meeting
  • Scirocco Models

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Northampton would work for me too..

30076295763_fc662d2913_o_d.jpg

wow. such race-car ^^ very click ^^  so diesel much mpg  

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.