Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Patchrico's Ride

270K views 1K replies 187 participants last post by  patchrico 
#1 · (Edited)
Build Thread
=========

I've brought some pictures of the later mods (shown in the build thread) onto this first page.
Very early mods are also shown from when I first started out.
The rest of the build thread shows the progression of mods and ideas from the start in 2002 to 2023 and onwards (see some of the mods listed in the signature info at bottom of each post)

August 2016
-------------
BBT K300 turbo fitment along with uprated ancillaries, 034 Motorsport inlet Manifold and Pro Alloy FMIC.

AGU engine map by TRP (with help from RTech)

Bay at time of Mapping (more mods have since been done shown later in build thread)
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Custom Live tuned to 302.9hp - 323.9lbft
Peak torque @ 3700rpm
Max Boost 22psi

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

=============================================================

------

Even Earlier pictures of the first bodywork mods
Oettinger front bumper and skirts with a Rieger rear (and an early FMIC)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror

And a few years later
----------------------
With an R32 Front Bumper (sides and bonnet notch smoothed and rear door handles removed) and door mirror auto fold.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Rear door opening controlled by solenoid sensors and remote fob

'Door pop video'

Some current pictures > up to 2023

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle Speedometer Plant Gear shift

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

==============================================================

How she originally came when I bought her from the dealer in 2002

1999(T) - VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo 5 door AGU

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

See less See more
1 10
Reactions: stevenbmkiv
#7 ·
Not a fan of the front bumper or rear valance, or the grille thing in the front bumper. Other than that, a stunning car imo with interior to die for. What wiper is that? likin that.
What grille thing Dan, the intercooler? You wanna show that, it looks beefy with it, but I know what you mean, can look a bit bling.

Looking really nice mate, front bumper looks nice too. The rear valance Im not a fan of, but its your car mate, so dont take my opinion in the wrong way. Really nice interior & lovely colour too.

Ive actually got one of them rear fabia wipers, need to pull my finger out & fit it, had it for nearly a year now sitting in my basement. [y]

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks for comments guys -- to answer some points. The clocks are Bora Sport, the retrim was indeed done by Carisma, (see thread http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/905731.aspx) and the rear wiper is the fabia/audi A4 combo,

The 'grill thing' [ :p] or FMIC is too deep to allow for mesh behind the centre bumper vent as was oiginally intended but I actually like it like that now. It has black pipework leading off it and black silicone hose to keep it as subtle as possible. I do not like FMIC that are to bling and in your face as such.

The rear was a difficult call as I wanted something to match the vented Oettinger front end. I didn't really like many of the rear diffusers I'd seen either, especially those with the exhaust showing, So I had the exhaust cut out modded to remove it and keep a straight line profile and in the flesh it works really well.. Could then keep the Miltek hidden exhaust.

No more body/interior mods planned.Only thing I might go for in the future are bigger front brakes and bigger turbo but these are big bucks and I'm looking to lay off the spending for now (apart from the GB rear brace of course). The suspension is already sorted out and on the current Jabba remap its good fun to drive [:D]

Never say never ! ** CHANGE TO REAR - Dec 2009 *

Added some new rear pics ---- at last, only taken me a couple of years

Die Ruckseite

Rear is an R32 bumper with the exhaust cut outs and outside vents filled in (by Carisma Bodytech)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

#14 ·
That looks like the new industrial area over by festival lesiure park in pip's hill......am i right.....?????

very nice car btw........i love the grey colour and the clocks..........!!!![Y]
Spot on with the location there [Y] - I noticed it when they were doing the development and thought it would be a good location for some shots.

#17 ·
Amazed that no one has mentioned the modded OEM Zenoms!! So much work has to go into that mod [Y] So much time and effort, not to mention monies has made this a top top dub mate! Well done. Not a fan of the rear valance but as said before its your car chap. Perfect interior and the seats [drool].

Can we get some close up shots of the seats mate?? Stitching etc?? Back seats??

I want your wheels [:(]

Carl [:D]

#19 · (Edited)
Amazed that no one has mentioned the modded OEM Zenoms!! So much work has to go into that mod [Y] So much time and effort, not to mention monies has made this a top top dub mate! Well done. Not a fan of the rear valance but as said before its your car chap. Perfect interior and the seats [drool].

Can we get some close up shots of the seats mate?? Stitching etc?? Back seats??

I want your wheels [:(]

Carl [:D]
Cheers Carl, yeah the OEM xenon mod did turn out well. You just take a risk when smashing the OEM glass to start the whole mod off but it is worth it. --

There is a thread on the seats which shows the texture of the carbon weave hide on the bolsters http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/905731.aspx

Interesting some of the views on the rear valance. I must admit I do like it on the car. Probably looks more effective when the car is seen in the metal as such. I think the only other way I would have done the back is to use the R32 rear and have the twin exhaust cut outs filled in. - Man don't get me started again [:D] EDIT ... Rear is now modded R32 Bumper :D

PICS of Anni / Joey mod to OEM xenon (see link in signature for how to)

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light Amber Headlamp

Beige Tints and shades Laptop Eyewear Fashion accessory

Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Tints and shades Natural material

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Grille

#20 ·
your car is great, nice colour, nice front, the oem xenosn are real great job, interior is very nice too. only think is the rear valance needs the anni one in my point of view. u dont have to be carefull with the intercooler like that?

Continue the prject u are in the good way ;)

#22 ·
your car is great, nice colour, nice front, the oem xenosn are real great job, interior is very nice too. only think is the rear valance needs the anni one in my point of view. u dont have to be carefull with the intercooler like that?

Continue the prject u are in the good way ;)
Anni rear mmm possible - The intercooler is fine. It is not low enough to cause any problems (the inner section of the front bumper is lower) and no problems as yet with the intercooler fins being exposed.

#24 ·
Looks fantastic. Stylish and subtle with personal touches. [Y] Gotta love that grille thing too.
Appreciate that Reflex - just what I was tying to achieve [:)]

#25 ·
Looks great love the seats you going to get the rears done to match ? I like the rear valence what make is it ?
Cheers Tim --- its an ABS Reiger (spelling?) valence. It normally has a section cut out along the bottom to accomodate an exit for the exhaust - but I had this this modded to fill it in.

I also thought about using a modded R32 or R-Line bumper (with no exhaust cut outs) on the rear but these have a more squarer profile than the Oettinger front on the car - so they may not have looked right. -- Still not quite sure on that though so you never know.

I am going to leave the rear seats for now. They are already Recaro leather and look ok with the retrimed fronts.