What's my golf v6 4motion worth? - Page 2 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

What's my golf v6 4motion worth?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 5pot

5pot

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Birmingham
  • Golf IV V5 2.3 10v 150PS

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well I'm selling mine for 750 quid right now for the whole car including the r32 stuff.

#32 Stokie_Mac

Stokie_Mac

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well I'm selling mine for 750 quid right now for the whole car including the r32 stuff.

What R32 Stuff Tam??..

#33 Stokie_Mac

Stokie_Mac

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

What R32 Stuff Tam??..

#34 5pot

5pot

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Birmingham

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi again Rori, wondered where you had gone. R32 suspension setup mate. Has R32 bilstein shocks and R32 springs. Sadly just don't have the energy to put into this project mate, wont fit your car you'll need a 4wd setup [:(] The car is in the VW classifieds section here, welcome to take a look at it.

#35 5pot

5pot

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Birmingham

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi again Rori, wondered where you had gone. R32 suspension setup mate. Has R32 bilstein shocks and R32 springs. Sadly just don't have the energy to put into this project mate, wont fit your car you'll need a 4wd setup [:(] The car is in the VW classifieds section here, welcome to take a look at it.

#36 Son of a beesting

Son of a beesting

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

The prices have dropped on these

I am going to put mine up for sale this weekend.  Long MOT and Tax, just serviced (about 100 miles ago!), new tyres all round, Anthracite blue, 3 door. Three door like yours but 10,000 miles less. Pretty standard with leather (although non recaro)

I was thinking it is worth about £2k, although even that might be dreaming!

[cry]

#37 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

No one seems to want a 2.8v6, everyone is being tight and getting diesels! I'm tempted to do another eBay auction starting at say £1400 to get interest etc, seems such a shame though as its a lovely car.. I almost tempted to go the other way and throw some money at it to make it a bit better.

ive had 3 4mo's and rate them, but it looks like others don't!

#38 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

i'm considering stripping mine down and selling as parts as i'd get about 3k that way with all the mods and toys, if i was selling whole i'd be lucky to get 1500 for it, mines been keyed on all panels bar the boot and this will put a lot of people off, i have considered getting the insurance to write it off, buy back off them and strip it down, i'd probably double my money

worth considering

#39 Patch

Patch

I live here

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18140 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

The problem that you have is,petrol is almost £1.50 per litre for the good stuff,insurance isn't going to be cheap,the colour(it's green!),the interior(again a required taste)it isn't very fast,and it's all wrapped up in an out dated car.

The people who can afford to insure/run a big engine'd V6 would rather have an R32 or something else.

£12-£1500 max

#40 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

But a r32 is 5 grand for a decent one! And is it worth 3-4 times the amount, not really, it's got lovely seats and better bumpers, a bit more bhp and that r32 badge! But yeah I'd love one!

to be fair it ain't 'expensive' to run, well not bad! 

I ain't used it in weeks coz of I've got a transporter kombi I use for everything, but when I do drive it it does give a good drive and is pretty quick, 204 bhp plus a few mods ain't slow, and it'll easily cruise a motorway at treble figures all day.

as for colour, I actually like green, a bit different from the run of mill black and silver..

£1500 buys it, or ill strip it, or even make a track car.. 

#41 toxicredcat

toxicredcat

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Lincs
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Can't believe some of the prices I'm seeing, makes me feel sick that I paid £3500 for mine only a few months back thinking it was a good price :S

#42 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I feel your pain.. I only bought it 8-10 months ago for ok money, but now no one wants them!

i think I'm gonna throw a few quid at it and keep it now anyway, tax and not due end November so in two minds.

#43 RoguePlank

RoguePlank

Wizard.

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 910 posts
  • South Derbyshire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

i bought my 4mo last month for £4K, but then it is only 49K miles and ace condition, im 23. imo the 4mo is meant to be a more sensible version of the R32. Its meant to be understated, unlike the R32. Apart from me, the only people that can afford to run a big V6 and INSURE IT are more mature people as has already been said on here. The sticker bombing just isnt aiming at the right category. Get it back to standard as much as possible and it will sell for £2k i think, just because you're appealing to a bigger audience. You will get more money selling the shiny bits individually anyway.

For example, id quite like to offer you a part-ex on your oem xenons for my standard ones, and id fancy your neuspeed arb...

I should probably update this thread...

Mk4 R32, Rotrex Stage 3+ Supercharged, 405bhp.

https://uk-mkivs.net...ic=95856&page=1

#44 RACK

RACK

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Flogged mine to my bro for £1500, 100k, fsh, r32 suspenion and audi s3 wheels.

Got a 20vt off my cousin for £1300, 88k with remap.  Doesn't feel a patch on the 4mo but it costs far less to run.

No one wants the thirsty v6 and those that do go for an R32

#45 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

i bought my 4mo last month for £4K, but then it is only 49K miles and ace condition, im 23. imo the 4mo is meant to be a more sensible version of the R32. Its meant to be understated, unlike the R32. Apart from me, the only people that can afford to run a big V6 and INSURE IT are more mature people as has already been said on here. The sticker bombing just isnt aiming at the right category. Get it back to standard as much as possible and it will sell for £2k i think, just because you're appealing to a bigger audience. You will get more money selling the shiny bits individually anyway.

For example, id quite like to offer you a part-ex on your oem xenons for my standard ones, and id fancy your neuspeed arb...

mines £80 less to insure than my old mk3 colour concept which was a 2.0 8v, i sold the 3 to get the 4 so not like there was years between them

#46 IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7930 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

But a r32 is 5 grand for a decent one! And is it worth 3-4 times the amount, not really, it's got lovely seats and better bumpers, a bit more bhp and that r32 badge! But yeah I'd love one!

to be fair it ain't 'expensive' to run, well not bad! 

I ain't used it in weeks coz of I've got a transporter kombi I use for everything, but when I do drive it it does give a good drive and is pretty quick, 204 bhp plus a few mods ain't slow, and it'll easily cruise a motorway at treble figures all day.

as for colour, I actually like green, a bit different from the run of mill black and silver..

£1500 buys it, or ill strip it, or even make a track car.. 

#47 IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51

More than a fleeting interest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7930 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

I think its cheap at 2k - it will sell but get rid of the sticker bombing - its hideous.

R32's can be had very cheap but getting a decent one for 5k? No chance unless its a unwanted colour with beige interior. and more than 70k miles.

Find a blue 3 door for under 6-7k with low miles and full vw service history...and you are talking 7k+. Infact - I bet you'd even struggle to find one at all.

#48 5pot

5pot

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Birmingham

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

My one sold for 750 quid but I wasn't inundated with calls. I was expecting a much better response. Traders are getting 500-750 quid for 4motions at auction houses because they hang around for so long.

#49 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

I really don't think the stickerbombed dash parts are a big issue, they easily come off and could be either pealed off or re wrapped in carbon or whatever..

It's a love hate thing, but everyone is different and you can easily change it for your own taste..

as for braking it I'd rather sell it in one go, even though I can get more in bits.

all mk4's are cheap now coz of age and the miles that most will have by now, it's just a shame that a v6 with 4wd and pretty much every extra is only worth £1500, mk3's are probably selling near to that still.

oh we'll, looks like ill have it for Christmas still, least I can drift in the snow ;-) , you won't do that in your gt tdi's lol..

#50 Markaz

Markaz

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

No but we'll get 50mpg trying! [:D]

#51 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

[:D]

#52 501UKautocare

501UKautocare

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thats alot of car for 2, surprised it hasnt gone yet!

#53 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

It is a hell of a lot of car for your money, I'm surprised also...

It has every mot, fsh from vw to now, new alternator and battery recently.. Well loved car, receipts for everything, incl awesome gti £6000 spent in 2007!!!!

i would keep it but its just another toy that I can't keep going and not using, and saving for a mortgage don't help..

#54 Brother_Bear

Brother_Bear

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm tempted to get rid of mine for the V6. That is because i'm old and only use the car at the weekends so mpg doesn't really bother me.

Greg

#55 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

The v6 is a very understated car, 2.8 4wd, 6 speed.. It's a drivers car, yes it's not 280bhp, a modest 204bhp is still good, and feels better.

ive had 7 mk4's, so know about most, and I can definitely say, this feels more planted and fun compared to my old gti t, even though similar power..

#56 5pot

5pot

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Birmingham

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I must agree I did love the way the car felt, heavy steering and very planted. Just now fuel is 1.50 per litre i just couldn't justify keeping it even as a project as i would barely use it. Will see how my V5 goes running costs wise over the next year but got an eye out for an ARL TDi now.

#57 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

if you have the time and space i'd say strip it tbh mate, i priced 80% of the parts up that are on mine, pretty much as yours but i have normal leather seats not recaro, and give or take a few bits and bats, one of which is the £800 headunit i got to 2.5k, i have recently put it up for sale on my forum for 1800 with everything as is bar the stereo, or swap, mines not without fault hence why it's not up on all forums i'm on but i honestly think that despite the fact fuel prices are high the mk4 V6 is a lot better on fuel than my old mk2 with a mk3 vr, i was getting pretty close to single figures with the mk2 i get mid 30's on the m/way at speed limits

the wife has a gttdi and compared to that the 4 motion is like a race car both handling and cruising wise, if i want some power then when i hit the pedal i get it, in hers i have to wait for the turbo to spool, i can drive mine in the snow faster than 5mph and in the winter my ass is warm as soon as i get in the car as i have heated the seats for a couple of mins before hand and the brakes are just superb in mine too

#58 RoguePlank

RoguePlank

Wizard.

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 910 posts
  • South Derbyshire
  • Golf IV R32 3.2 240PS

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

i can drive mine in the snow faster than 5mph and in the winter my ass is warm as soon as i get in the car as i have heated the seats for a couple of mins before hand and the brakes are just superb in mine too

can't wait for the snow and the country to shut down again, got some snowchains + 4WD = i'll be unstoppable!!

I should probably update this thread...

Mk4 R32, Rotrex Stage 3+ Supercharged, 405bhp.

https://uk-mkivs.net...ic=95856&page=1

#59 Redgar

Redgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I just bought a 2.8 V6 4motion last week for £1600 which i am quite pleased with.

It is top spec with full black recaro leather seats(heated), 6 cd changer, no modifications at all just totally standrard, 2001 reg, 95k miles, FSH, and also in the same colour green as yours.

I am 20 years old and when i look at buying a car if it has any modifications that are not minor or subtle then i look no futher as it just makes me think THRASHED.

Like everyone else is saying you need to ditch the stickers bombing, if its so easy to remove then just do it yourself. No one wants to buy a car having to peel off loads of stickers.

Personally if i was looking to buy a car just now and i came across yours i wouldnt look twice, just cause those stickers. The colour of the leather has a very limited market as well would be much better in black.

#60 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

i have to agree, the stickers don't suit the market for the car, i see the 4motion as a cruiser car and most people looking for one won't want what i see as teenage sticker bombing, not meaning to cause any offence here just my opinion, as for the leather, personally i like cream leather, my house has cream leather suite, it suits the colour of the car but the 2 tone dash doesn't, you can but leather repair kits that dye the leather to hide age marks, might be worth doing that to the leather and maybe dye or paint the cream part of the dash

as for the snow, i live on a hill and wrote my mk2 off driving out of the cul-de-sac at a couple of mph, i bought the 4mo before winter last year really looking forward to seeing how it would cope going up said hill, but, NO FRICKIN SNOW!!!!!1111

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.