What's my golf v6 4motion worth? - Page 3 - Car Buying and Selling Discussion - uk-mkivs

Photo

What's my golf v6 4motion worth?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Redgar

Redgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Few pictures of the one i just bought, looks much better in real though

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

To be fair I'd have preferred black interior but coz it was such a good car I wasn't going to knock it! As for dying it I think I'll pass lol..

5 doors are cheaper and less desirable, I prefer 3dr, until I have kids I don't need rear access, I'd prefer the 3dr look.

as for the sticker bombing, ill supply a new set of plastic trim (that'll cost about £30), then buyer can keep it or throw it or sell it, I can unclip all bits in under 15 minutes, so really don't think it's a issue guys!

and if you can't get it sideways your really not trying lol, roundabouts in normal weather can get sideways, let alone snow tyres in the snow! Try turning the ESP off ;-)

#63 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Also has your got xenons? It was very rare! Also puddle lights, rain sensitive wipers, head light washers and heated mirrors (winter pack)??

the only option mine hasn't got is cruise control, which is a shame..

to be honest I think I'm gonna keep it now, I hardly tried selling it anyway, it only went on eBay twice and we all know eBay is c*** , but did think I'd have more interest from the forum

#64 Redgar

Redgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I have heated mirrors and rain sensitive wipers but tbh I don't really car about half that non essential stuff.

Very few cars look good in 5 door and the golf dose look good in 5 door and having a kid it's perfect for me. Nothing worse than letting people in and out the back.

I was just showing a few pictures of mine, it's not a competition of comparison.

Happy selling

#65 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Don't think I'm putting others cars down just comparing, not a competition! I'd have used my supercharged one for that ;-)

I did look at 5 door ones but I've always had 3dr, I have a kombi that I use for moving things and people!

btw, love the green, very under rated

#66 Redgar

Redgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Supercharged, get some pictures on? Yeah the green does look great in real, I think.

#67 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

I sold it about 18 months ago for 4800 but I've got a pic on ere somewhere of it, lucky I sold it when you look at prices now..

i drove it about last night to Southend and back and I've decided I'm gonna keep it and bite the bullet with tax and mot next month, I like it too much..

#68 KILLconner

KILLconner

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

£2,500 min. Just keep it on there. The dealers have 1.4's with more milage for ridiculous prices on eBay.

#69 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

I wish I'd get 2500!! But I know what you mean about other mk4's still going for good money. As I say I used it last night, heated seat on, with all the extras and how it drives its got to be worth that money! People pay more for less, crazy..

#70 Richard2590

Richard2590

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

you may be surprised and ive certainly surprised myself reading this thread.... i think im the only person in the counrty who wants to buy one!

problem is, i need to sell my punto first :(

honest opinions please from the v6 owners what are they like day to day are they super fuel guzzlers or can they be tamed with sensible driving????? also what about servicing are they any more than a regular car obviously excluding the haldex and the extra two plugs etc

#71 Redgar

Redgar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well lets face it you don't buy a 2.8 V6 to drive tame, but im sure if you go into 6th gear at 30mph it won't be to bad.

I always try to drive mine tame cause the fuel consumption is crazy but as soon as the engine is at normal running temperature I get a heavy right foot.

Only thing with service is you need to take into account more fluid capacity being a V6 so more oil, coolant, etc...

And a haldex tool is essential for changing the filter, its only a DIY job if you can make a replica of the tool

#72 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

you may be surprised and ive certainly surprised myself reading this thread.... i think im the only person in the counrty who wants to buy one!

problem is, i need to sell my punto first :(

honest opinions please from the v6 owners what are they like day to day are they super fuel guzzlers or can they be tamed with sensible driving????? also what about servicing are they any more than a regular car obviously excluding the haldex and the extra two plugs etc

i use mine daily, its a lovely car to drive either slow or fast, i can go up a steep hill at 30 in 5th and still be able to gather speed if i put my foot down, driving daily kids to school and the likes i get 26-28mpg on the roads there and back, on the motorway i get 32 at 70 36 if i do 65, both in 6th gear, i would suggest fitting cruise control if you are gonna use it on the motorway because as it's such a quite engine when cruising you don't realise your gathering speed so quickly

serving wise the haldex filter tool is available from GSF or off ebay, the filter and oil again available from those places, it needs doing every 40iirc, spark plugs are quite expensive at £100 a set but other than that they are a fantastic car to live with on a daily basis and when the weather turns at christmas with snow and ice the haldex will come into it's own

mines for sale if your interested, it's not advertised anywhere really just a lazy sale at the moment lol

#73 Son of a beesting

Son of a beesting

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Mine is also for sale (just had a service including new spark plugs ;-))

*cough* https://uk-mkivs.net/...s/t/496964.aspx *cough* 

#74 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

I love the drive, feels planted and a great noise.. Fuel wise is similar to others above, I get between 18-30 depending on style of driving, but you can get good mpg if you drive like a granny in as high gear as possible, it still pulls at 30mph in 6th!

mines for sale also lol, so there are 3 4mo's all for sale on one thread, people will think we hate them lol.. I honestly love it but don't need 2 cars and a van!

#75 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

mines only up as i wanted a turbo when i sold the mk3 but the 4 mo popped up in my price range and i got it, trouble is i still want a turbo

#76 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Fit a turbo then ;-)

ive gotta say I've had gti t's remapped at about 200bhp, but I'd still have the 4mo over it, all due to 4wd and 6 gears, however I did like the turbo delivery! But 4mo's are genuinely better spec'd and I'd go so much to say, more reliable..

#77 miggs2002

miggs2002

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

i must admit it's not my first VR and i've given a few VR's a good thrashing in the past and have found them to be quite bullet proof, it's not so much out and out power i want just minimum power but delivered via boost, creature comforts are nice but despite all the bits my 4 mo has that the wifes tdi doesn't the only thing i really want is cruise control which i don't have and she does, plus they do have 6 speed boxes in other mk4's not just the 4 mo

#78 KILLconner

KILLconner

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

If i could get insured i would honestly sell mine and get one. These guys have hijacked the thread haha. VR's are the way forward (from my minuscule 1.4 at least).

#79 pauly4226

pauly4226

pauly4226

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 935 posts
  • herts
  • Scirocco GT TSI 2.0 D6F 200PS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I guess its a lot down to where you are based,  i sold the  bora £4400,   was happy and sad to see it go.  but i think a price reflective of the car.  im herts based btw.   Advertised it on here,  ebay, auto trader  and  pistonheads, i think 2 phone calls.   polished it regularly,   put a for sale sign on the window and a chap driving past saw it and bought it. 

i think if you are in the market for a v6 you will buy one, so long as its clean and tidy. i guess , £1750 should be a starting price.good luck fella.

#80 MattV64mo

MattV64mo

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for last comments, nice to see some genuine ones without the 'willy waving'..

yea it's a lovely car, I think it's worth the money, so much so I'm gonna tax and mot it for another year and have some fun, if the right money came along then maybe, but I do like it and will keep going for now

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.