Golf Mk4 Auq Like A Anni But Not A Anni :) Air On Bbs On Boot Build Back In - Members Rides - uk-mkivs

Photo

Golf Mk4 Auq Like A Anni But Not A Anni :) Air On Bbs On Boot Build Back In

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire
  • Golf IV GTI 1.8T 20v AUQ 180PS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

well been lookin on here for ages so thought id put mine up when i purchased it was standard apart from the suspension which had already been changed but other than that it had been very well looked after and i
know it wont be to everyones taste but i like it anyways heres the spec so far

golf mk4 gti AUQ 180bhp k03sturbo

18" inovite wheels powdercoated matte blue fk street coilovers arb removed 15mm engine spacers

fully polybushed front end inc dogbone r32 clocks (to be fitted)

us spec rears all interior bulbs changed for leds and some other little bits on the inside

real carbon fibre front badge recaro interior vinyl wrapped centre console along with engine bay pieces

open air induction kit with cold air feed bigger smic n249 deleted straight through middle section 4 bar fpr

theres probaly a bit more but cant remeber all anyway heres some pics only got a few il get some more soon just gotta sort a tyre cause a screw took a liking to it and my sump which is leaking a tad :(

SAM_0042_zps052e3248.jpg

SAM_0053_zps0443eff7.jpg

SAM_0060_zpsbb5d9c95.jpg

a few pics with my mums gttdi and the misuss little lupo ha ha

SAM_0039_zps7f33423d.jpgSAM_0036_zpsb3770028.jpgSAM_0035_zps2902c51e.jpgSAM_0033_zps0ad1f84c.jpgSAM_0028_zps56cc1343.jpg

#2 GTi_19

GTi_19

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I think the blue suits the silver to be honest, what you got planned for it next?

#3 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

ye i like the blue a lot i spent ages thinkin what colour to have and ended up with matte blue future plans are r line rear bumper smooth bootlid which ive started doing anni or r32 side skirts 4motion front splitter and a remap once i get some cash together

#4 GTi_19

GTi_19

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it come together

#5 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

well the motor is all sorted had a chance to give it a wash wax and polish this mornin much better i think

#6 danpalmer1993

danpalmer1993

Ask me about "RS8" wheels!

• Moderators
  • 10648 posts
  • Golf IV 1.6 16v BCB 105PS

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Loving the blue wheels and the rear lights! [:)] what you got planned for it??

dan

#7 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

the few bits mentioned above and also in the proces of making the headlinnig black and gotta get my r32 clocks fitted and whatever i think of next

#8 GTi_19

GTi_19

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Liking the engine covers/paint. looks fresh! ha

#9 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

well havent updated for a while casue just been driving it really bought a rear strut brace and audi tt steering rack of jungliststeve on here and then the other day it started over heating so tried a thermostat to no joy so got it stripped out and got a new water pump in the old one fell apart once it was remmoved apparentley a common problem on golf 1.8t is weak water pumps oh well had to find out the hard way and also got confussed with pipes and eneded up connecting the coolant to the injection rail and filling all the rail and engine with neat coolant not good but now its clear once drained about 1/2 tank of precious petty and a new fuel filter and taking the spark plugs and coilpacks out more times than i can count everything is all good now so yesterday i thought id fit my carbonio air pipe which i managed to get for a bargain price of 50 squid anyway heres some pics didnt get any of the water pump and that cause i was pulling my hair out atm but heres the bay how it looks now

Posted Image

Posted Image

it is pretty tight down there but damn it looks so good

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 joshwaudbymk4

joshwaudbymk4

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

does it feel like it runs better now its not soaking all the hot air?

• Willzc92 likes this

#11 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

It feels a bit more responsive but the first thing I noticed is how much louder intake sound was and also turbo chatter has increased just looking at your profile pic nice smooth boot im in the process of either smoothing it or golf mk5 handle

#12 joshwaudbymk4

joshwaudbymk4

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Ha thanks i dont use that golf anymore im selling the boot, i drive a uq 180 cupra now :)

#13 joshwaudbymk4

joshwaudbymk4

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

also i see your from wisbeach :) im from Lynn :D

#14 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Oh ye unusual to see anyone on here near to me il get to the point how much do you want for the boot what sort of wirring is invovled and what's the paint like on it buddy if your free one day your more than welcome to nip over for a cuppa and a natter

#15 clarkygti

clarkygti

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

like the engine bay details

#16 joshwaudbymk4

joshwaudbymk4

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

yeh deffently mate pm your number if you want, the paint is perfect welcoem to come have a look, and it only needs wiring into a earth and perm live, i jumped mine off the petrol flap i can provide the exra button, ill show you how it works if your interested. have you seen the black golf in wisbech quit low on lm.s smooth doors pressed plates and a low n slow sticker?

#17 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Il drop you a pm in a min buddy wicked it sounds good ye I think I saw it the other week just wanna know if thoose mms are real or not think mms will be my next wheel choice

#18 joshwaudbymk4

joshwaudbymk4

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

nah his are fakes :P hes a mate of mine haha his dads a painter, but yeh ive waned to make a proper vag group for wisbech kings lynn, downham for ages i got a few mates aroudn lyn with mk4s and leons like me, the other vag groups round here suck all have mk2/3 and beetles and crap cars

#19 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ha ha go for it man there ain't that many clubs round here the main ones ecdc doddgy dubbers and fendubbers are aryte but more old skill stuff mk1 2 and 3s mostly just a bit samey int they

#20 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

bit of a big update been well busy been to ultimate dubs that was the BOMB then got on with the usual tasks like black headlinning rear strut brace tt steering rack new us rear bumper us bumb strip with lights and v6 splitter and still gotta do the booth all the panels except for the boot are ready for priming and painting then they can go on anyway enough of me chattin crap look at some pics

headlinning pics

#21 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

and some more ultimate dubs pics

and heres a couple of how mine stands atm

#22 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

ok aint been updating much as of been a bit busy right ive got my genuine us rear bumber with anni valance on and im really happy with it along with my semi smooth tailgate and smoothed my number plate recess the other week as went to fit the us rub strip and was to long didnt realise the bumpers where slightly larger so got a mint us rub strip with lights freshly painted in la71w reflex silver gotaa find someone with a bora that wants it ha ha aswell as been spending a lot of time under the bay just trying to tidy things up and gettin rid of all the emissions crap so got catch can fitted pcv simplification sai delete n249 and n112 delete and i think thats it and replace the brake booster line with better stronger pipe instead of that cheap plastic crap got a few things planned for next year the first one is airlift as coils just dont cut it anymore and ive always wanted it and now prices have dropped im going for it along with a votex front lip as not a fan of the v6 4mo one and gotta sort some anni sideskirts out but anyways heres some pics and some vw action shoots aswell enjoy

#23 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

been a busy few weeks bout some camber top mounts then thought against them and now gonna go for air

as had a knocking on the front took my front coilys off and they were ruined rebound was practically non and damping was hardly any and it still wasnt low enough so air has got to be the way forward

so had to stick some ones on that i had just in case but there seized on the collars Sad so gotta sort that out before gti festival next weekend 

also hope to have theese fitted by next weekend

also went to dilskie from on here to get my cruise control activated and that works a treat

couldnt swap the clocks as encountered a problem with the key adaption so gotta see whats going on there

and also think im gonna go for this plasti dip just to cover the stone chips ect which there arnt many but i dont want many more lol

gonna go for something like this colour i think

#24 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

ok well been busy over the last week got my new wheels and they fit over the brembos shock horror

so the 312mm brakes with nearly brand new pads and discs are up for sale

also received my us centre console from the group buy so fitted that

then i got home thursday night and had a rattle behind my gear lever type area so i got to taking bits out and before i knew it there was glovebox/plastic trim and little screws flying everywhere lol so ive been lazy and left it il sort it today maybe

and also cause of funds i had to drop out of gti festival at the pod but the weather fdoesnt sound like it wants it to happen either

anyway heresa some pics for you lovely people enjoy

and some interior shots

#25 JasonB

JasonB

Fritzel Basement Development LTD

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3362 posts
  • London Heathrow
  • Golf IV GTI 25th Anni 1.8T AUQ 180PS

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Looks much better on the new wheels man.

#26 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

cheers i still like the blue ones but they ae gonna be my winter wheels cause i have got 6 of those rims so might aswell lol

#27 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

so i have meant to be saving up for air more things came up for sale so bought them ha ha il start saving in the new year but anyways heres some pics of the stuff thats fitted and stuff thats not

happy with the liquid gauge it does so much still finding things on it lol well worth it

and my carbon obsseision continues ha ha i love carbon

cheeky carbon fuel flap Party!!!

better pic of the ashtray

and how it stands atm and one of the bbs goodness lol

and cleaned the motor and my bro cleaned his and my mate mad his civic look half decent to bad its a civic lol

#28 4doorgti

4doorgti

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Cheshire
  • MKI Models

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

Like the wheels,  they had tempted me and not seen many mk4 with them on!!

Fair play dude!!

#29 tonysgti

tonysgti

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • london
  • MKI Models

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

sorry i prefer old wheels. but each to there own as long as you like them thats what counts! keep it up!

#30 welbourn

welbourn

Just grazing

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Cambridgeshire

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Well the blue ones are cool but the bbs are bbs and for once they aint no crappy reps so well worth it and i like the blue ones just wish they were a bit wider but oh well 

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.