116 replies to this topic

#91 LSH

LSH

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2895 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:48 AM

£8000 cash is good at the moment. Mind you if someone offered me that for my diesel Anni i would say no.

Theres quite a few on ebay going for around £6-7K but the mint ones still can go for quite alot.

Exactly, I didnt buy my car for financial reasons (to make a bit of money on the side or to minimise depreciation). I brought it because I did and still do think its a very nice car. Supply and demand I guess, even the anni parts when sold seperate are still fetching quite obscene prices (over £100 for just the mats! etc.).

I think an advantage of the 25AE is that it is noticeably different (visually and otherwise) compared to a 1.8T or 2.0 GTI...the wheels, kit, exhaust (1.8Ts), seats, interior parts, lowered suspension, 312mm brakes, proper numbered plaques, etc. and this difference is larger than say the ED30-MK5 GTI or the 20AE to the MK3 GTI. Obviously this difference can be replicated buy buying the parts but the cost of doing that is also considerably high, and I believe people would rather pay the difference and have a genuine 25AE rather than replicate one, where their finances allow (I know I would). Plus the fact that most people would rather own a car that has not been 'modified' by the seller, but rather 'an optional extra from VW'.

Obviously anni prices are going to be dropping lately especially with the credit crunch, but then so are all cars! And I know that the drop in value (% wise) is much less than a MK5 GTI.

-Would I buy an anni to keep as a future collectors car? No

-Would I buy an Anni to minimise depreciation? No! But if we are going to worry and focus purely on depreciation, then none of us would have cars.

-Do I think some people are asking obscene amounts for their anni's? Yes, but people are always going to try their luck and ask obscene amounts for any car, anni or not.

-Do I think anni's are worth the premium? For the 'exclusivity' and the extra benefits compared to a standard 1.8T, without a doubt yes!

-Would I buy an anni again if I was in the same situation as before (18 months ago), knowing now what I do now? Hell yeah!!!

#92 tsl_wales

tsl_wales

I ate a big red candle !!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10384 posts
  • Bridgend, South Wales
  • Other Models

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

£8000 cash is good at the moment. Mind you if someone offered me that for my diesel Anni i would say no.

Theres quite a few on ebay going for around £6-7K but the mint ones still can go for quite alot.

Exactly, I didnt buy my car for financial reasons (to make a bit of money on the side or to minimise depreciation). I brought it because I did and still do think its a very nice car. Supply and demand I guess, even the anni parts when sold seperate are still fetching quite obscene prices (over £100 for just the mats! etc.).

I think an advantage of the 25AE is that it is noticeably different (visually and otherwise) compared to a 1.8T or 2.0 GTI...the wheels, kit, exhaust (1.8Ts), seats, interior parts, lowered suspension, 312mm brakes, proper numbered plaques, etc. and this difference is larger than say the ED30-MK5 GTI or the 20AE to the MK3 GTI. Obviously this difference can be replicated buy buying the parts but the cost of doing that is also considerably high, and I believe people would rather pay the difference and have a genuine 25AE rather than replicate one, where their finances allow (I know I would). Plus the fact that most people would rather own a car that has not been 'modified' by the seller, but rather 'an optional extra from VW'.

Obviously anni prices are going to be dropping lately especially with the credit crunch, but then so are all cars! And I know that the drop in value (% wise) is much less than a MK5 GTI.

-Would I buy an anni to keep as a future collectors car? No

-Would I buy an Anni to minimise depreciation? No! But if we are going to worry and focus purely on depreciation, then none of us would have cars.

-Do I think some people are asking obscene amounts for their anni's? Yes, but people are always going to try their luck and ask obscene amounts for any car, anni or not.

-Do I think anni's are worth the premium? For the 'exclusivity' and the extra benefits compared to a standard 1.8T, without a doubt yes!

-Would I buy an anni again if I was in the same situation as before (18 months ago), knowing now what I do now? Hell yeah!!!

I agree with everything you have said there mate.

2002 Vw Golf GTI 25th Anni PD150 - Sold, 2010 BMW 118D M Sport Coupe - Sold, 2008 Vw Polo 1.6 sport 16v - Sold

Current car: 2011 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI Sline

#93 stuwhipps1

stuwhipps1

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:36 AM

Likewise, its down to choice at the end of the day, I bought mine as I wanted a nice standard looking car and as MK4's go other than an R32 the anni is a very nice looking car with just a few external mods to make it stand out but not enough to make it a boy racer hot hatch !!! Plus its diesel with 60k on so it cheap to run as well A++

#94 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

went to look at a anniversay pd today with 82k on the clock,and it was a total dog!and they was after 7.5k!but looking on autotrader etc,there still holding there money!

#95 tsl_wales

tsl_wales

I ate a big red candle !!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10384 posts
  • Bridgend, South Wales
  • Other Models

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

went to look at a anniversay pd today with 82k on the clock,and it was a total dog!and they was after 7.5k!but looking on autotrader etc,there still holding there money!

What was wrong with it mate?

2002 Vw Golf GTI 25th Anni PD150 - Sold, 2010 BMW 118D M Sport Coupe - Sold, 2008 Vw Polo 1.6 sport 16v - Sold

Current car: 2011 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI Sline

#96 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

well it looked like it had done 182k![:DD]steering wheel was very worn,the seats wearnt tight if you know what i mean?deep scratches down the drives side.and primer on the black part on the wing mirror,so it had been painted at some point!i was very disappointed!

#97 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

here is the link

#98 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

do`h dint work!its the first one on page 3,

#99 raitkens83

raitkens83

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2568 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Ive just read through this whole post, Annis are still worth decent money and there are some good examples still out there.

craigsmk4: I seena few dogs when looking for mine, Keep looking and the right one will come up. Whats the max milage you will be prepaired to go to?

#100 raitkens83

raitkens83

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2568 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Looks decent in the pictures too, Looks like a petrol from the back

#101 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

about 80k!i was after a s3 before,but when i saw this anni i fell in [In-love]

that was before i took a closer look tho!but it has changed my mind again [8-)]

#102 raitkens83

raitkens83

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2568 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

Ha so what you gonna do now? Look for another anni or back to S3?

#103 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

yea it does!thank god it was only 5 mins away from my flat!if i had travelled i would had been annoyed!

#104 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

not to sure mate!im just going to see what happens!am not going to rush into it like last time.

craig[Y]

#105 raitkens83

raitkens83

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2568 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

not to sure mate!im just going to see what happens!am not going to rush into it like last time.

craigYes

Yeh if you take your time one will come up, I waited 7 months for mine and got an absolute steal, Was offered 2k more than i paid 3 weeks into owning it. Im sure you will get your perfect motor if you have the time to wait[Y]

#106 LSH

LSH

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2895 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

I can vouch for that. Bide your time mate...it will all be worth it in the end [Y]

Luke

#107 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

yea i have all the time in the world!theres nothing wrong with the car iv got,just bored of power,etc.

#108 Frodo-anni

Frodo-anni

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • West Yorkshire
  • Golf V GTI Edition 30 2.0 230PS DSG

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

yea i have all the time in the world!theres nothing wrong with the car iv got,just bored of power,etc.

What sort of budget you got to play with?

Mk4 25th anni pd (gone)

Mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG

#109 craigsmk4

craigsmk4

Padawan

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1683 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

probley around 7ish,but i may need to px my car,as my girlfriend cant decide if she wants it or not![^o)]

craig[Y]

#110 Frodo-anni

Frodo-anni

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • West Yorkshire

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Bit low for me, but i'll keep my eyes open for any around our area

Mk4 25th anni pd (gone)

Mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG

#111 Pearl Black GTI

Pearl Black GTI

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

You thinking of selling buddy?

Christian.

#112 Frodo-anni

Frodo-anni

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • West Yorkshire

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

You thinking of selling buddy?

Christian.

Had it 3 years now yesterday, so just been having a look around, only thing im tempted by is an ED30, but just little high on price at mo. Hope the mk6 gti will bring price down abit

Mk4 25th anni pd (gone)

Mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG

#113 bluegttdi

bluegttdi

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

i know someone seling an pd anni at the mo. pm me if your intrested.

#114 neg

neg

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

Possibly thinking of selling our PD version, 1 previous, lots of history, new RC's with around 70k miles - they do look to be holding their value at the moment but then again the Anni's always have.

Just grazing

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

reckon a 1.8t with 81k on the clock is worth 7k? looking to buy atm.

#116 Frodo-anni

Frodo-anni

Padawan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • West Yorkshire

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

With that miles and it being a 1.8t i wouldnt have thought it would go for much more.. £6.5k?  All depends on condition

Mk4 25th anni pd (gone)

Mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG

#117 neg

neg

Just grazing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Well I sold ours recently on ebay of all places, sold in 2hours for asking price!  I was happy though as I didnt over price it and it was more than I origianally planned for it.

It was is pretty good condition and like I said only 1 previou owner from new with all receipts, even the original invoice.

First car which hasnt cost me a fortune to run for 2 yrs, my mk5 which I sold the week before cost me approx £3k per year

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.