10 replies to this topic

#1 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Apart from 8" screen and WLAN, what else does this £1100 option give ? I read somewhere that its 400watts but no idea if this is true..

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#2 timbomfg

timbomfg

Tim Sr

• Moderators
  • 13503 posts
  • Living in 2017

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

"“Discover Media” navigation function (5.8-inch). The Composition Media radio can be supplemented by a navigation module (Discover Media). The features and functions are identical except for the navigation system that is integrated here with European map data and associated second SD card slot; the navigation computer is located in the glovebox together with the CD player and SD card slot. Updates of the navigation maps are included in the price for all units with a navigation module for a period of three years.

“Discover Pro” radio-navigation system (8-inch). The top radio-navigation system with a large 8-inch capacitive touchscreen is known as the Discover Pro. Features installed here – beyond those of the Discover Media – are a DVD drive instead of CD drive (audio and video), a UMTS telephone module, extended premium voice control (base version is available as option for Composition Media and Discover Media) and a 64-GB SSD hard drive (of which 10 GB is available for individual use). Integration of the Compact Disc Database from Gracenote also enables state-of-the-art playback and management of media. In addition, the Discover Pro also operates as a WLAN hotspot to enable Internet access for a WLAN-capable mobile device (smart phone or tablet)."

#3 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Cut 'n' paste medal for Tim Snr [Y] [:D] Hehehe - thanks v. much

but does it sound any good ? ie better than standard ?

im in a Touran at the moment and the nav in there kicks like a mule..

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#4 timbomfg

timbomfg

Tim Sr

• Moderators
  • 13503 posts
  • Living in 2017

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

OEM stereo with 3G, SSD storage, and the ability to broadcast the 3G as a WiFi signal? As a geek i'm sold!

One thing that gets me tho, is the 10 gig usable aspect, i could fill that without trying! I like the fact that using said 3G it'll save the track details etc.

Can't find anything referring to the power, but given the cost implication, i'd expect it to be fairly punch!

#5 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks [Y]

me too - as I have dynaudio in the mk6 which is 400w I think,  I'd want something similar. The a3 system with b&o is 705w so I'd want VW to compete

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#6 davemk

davemk

More than a fleeting interest

• Moderators
  • 8759 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Changing the company car as well, Damian?

uk-audis-banner2.gifA3 Sport 2.0TDI 170 - Gone<p>
A3 Black Edition 2.0TFSI

#7 damianmkv

damianmkv

billy no mates

• Moderators
  • 15985 posts
  • -------

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Putting a plea in later this year, yes. The mk6 is approaching 60k now mileage is marching on..

Mk7.5R and Mk7.5 GTi PP

my flickr

#8 Parmaiom

Parmaiom

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hi

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference in having Bluetooth and UMTS on the pro version?

H

#9 timbomfg

timbomfg

Tim Sr

• Moderators
  • 13503 posts
  • Living in 2017

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well bluetooth would allow you to play music from your phone, as well as have hands-free functionality.

UMTS is 3G/HSPDA, which allows the HU to do things like have direct traffic updates, or pull track info down off the internet etc.

#10 J400uk

J400uk

Hang on like this MKIV thing

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts
  • Other Models

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

The main selling point of the Discover Pro is the bigger screen, but as noted you are paying a lot for that privilege. Its similar to BMW with Business and Pro Media.

I prefer Audis approach as its much simpler, all cars effectively have Nav Prep and just require the SD card to enable with the MMI 3G system been the optional upgrade above that.

2015 GTD DSG

#11 Parmaiom

Parmaiom

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hi 

On the Skoda website there is a copy of the manual for their high end Sat Nav 

Under the VAG group, the functions of this may be similar to the Golf version

http://ws.skoda-auto....Navigation.pdf

h

uk-mkivs.net is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on uk-mkivs.net is generated by its users. uk-mkivs.net is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.